St. Stephens Historical Park
A Legend. A Destination. a piece of paradise.
CABIN RENTAL AGREEMENT
St. Stephens Historic Park
St. Stephens, AL 36569
Arrival Date: ___________________________________________________ no earlier than 2PM
Departure Date: ________________________________________________ no later than 12PM (Noon)
INITIAL HERE: ________ This agreement constitutes a contract between the cabin guest(s) and St. Stephens Historic Commission, the St. Stephens Historic Park, its directors, employees, and volunteers. Guest acknowledges that by signing this agreement, he/she states that he/she has read and understands the written policies within and agrees with all statements included herein.
1) Cabin guest confirms that at least one guest, who will be at the cabin throughout the rental period, is at least 25 years of age, or older.
2) PROPERTY DAMAGE: Cabin guest acknowledges and understands that he/she is financially responsible for any and all property damage that may occur during the stated rental period which can reasonably be attributed to the rental party’s negligence or abuse.
3) SECURITY / DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A security deposit equal to one night’s rent is required at time reservation is made for the dates requested. This deposit will be refunded within 7 days of your departure provided no damages occurred during your visit and no violations of policies were made.
4) LOSS OF SECURITY DEPOSIT: Cabin guest agrees to leave the property in the same general clean and undamaged condition it was when you arrived. Cabin guests are responsible for any damage, abuse, excessive clean-up requirements, or loss caused by any member of the cabin guest(s) party to the property or its contents during cabin guest(s) occupancy. Any damages or violations may result in the loss of all, or part, of the security deposit and that we reserve the right to further bill him/her for additional cleaning or repairs.
5) DISPUTES: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama and shall be treated as though it were executed in the County of Washington, State of Alabama. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Washington County Court, Alabama. Guest(s) specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
6) GUEST COUNT: Guest agrees that the premises shall be occupied by no more than the number of people paid for and stated herein. Maximum number of guests is five for Cabins 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8. Maximum number of guests is eight for Cabins 5 and 7. Occupancy is limited to registered guests only. Absolutely no overnight guests are allowed. Occupancy by more than the stated number of guests will result in the termination of the rental and the forfeiture of all rental fees, and deposits.
7) CHECKS: A $35.00 service charge will be incurred for all returned checks.
8) CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIME: Guest acknowledges and understands that check-in time is no earlier than 2:00PM. You are welcome to check with us the day before to see if arriving any earlier on the arrival date is possible. Check-out time is no later than 12:00PM (noon) on the date stated in the rental period above. Housekeeping needs adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Guests not leaving by stated check-out time, without permission, will be assessed a rate of $50.00 per hour.
9) NO ATVS WITHOUT PERMISSION – NO DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS – NO FIREWORKS WITHOUT PERMISSION – The occupancy and use of the premises shall not be such as to place the property in danger of damage or to disturb and/or offend area neighbors or residents. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement and request loud or unruly guests to vacate the premises immediately. Said discharge shall not result in the refund of any rental fees.
10) EARLY DEPARTURE / LATE ARRIVAL POLICY – No refunds will be made for early departures or delayed arrivals. No refunds or schedule changes will be made due to inclement weather.
11) PET POLICY – Cabins 3, 5, and 7 are strictly pet free. Small pets can be allowed in other cabins with permission from Park Director. A non-refundable pet cleaning fee of $15 will be charged. A $50 refundable pet deposit will be charged per pet (maximum of two pets per cabin). The guest acknowledges that they are responsible for any damages caused by the pet.
12) NO SMOKING – All cabins are non-smoking. If it is found that any member of the rental party, or guest of the rental party, has smoked inside the cabin, the security deposit will be forfeited. The entire cabin is designated as a No-Smoking Area.
13) WILDLIFE – The cabin is located in the St. Stephens Historical Park. As such, you are likely to encounter wildlife (deer, bears, raccoons, snakes, and bugs of various types including wasps, mosquitos, and/or hornets, etc.). The St. Stephens Historical Commission, the St. Stephens Historical Park, its Directors, employees, or volunteers will not accept responsibility for any injury caused by said wildlife.
14) HOLD HARMLESS – Cabin guests acknowledges and understands that each and every guest, or guardian, is solely responsible for any accident or injury to any person while in-residence, and that the St. Stephens Historical Commission, the St. Stephens Historical Park, its Directors, employees, and volunteers, accept NO legal or financial responsibility. Cabin guests, and guardians, assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from any recreational activity and will hold the Owner harmless with respect thereto. Cabin guest(s) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the St. Stephens Historical Park, the St. Stephens Historical Commission, its Directors, employees, and volunteers harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the cabin guests use of the premises or items therein.
15) LOSS OF PERSONAL ITEMS – Cabin guest acknowledges and understands that each guest, or guardian, is solely responsible for any loss by any person while in residence including the loss of money, jewelry or any other personal item. We will do our best to return any lost or forgotten items, at guest(s) expense.
16) St. Stephens Historical Park will not be held responsible for the failing of any other company service due to said company’s error or service interruption. (i.e. electricity, satellite, water, gas, etc.) However, we will make efforts to remedy any issue in the shortest time possible.
17) HOME FURNISHINGS, EQUIPMENT, ETC. – Moving of any furniture or décor is not allowed. Furniture, bedding, linens, towels, utensils, or any other property belonging to the park will not be removed from the premises for ANY reason. Please do not bring any inside furniture or chairs outside. Loss of these items, as well as damage to any property or furnishings in excess of normal wear and tear will be charged to you, the guest(s.)
18) KEYS – All keys must be returned upon your final departure. Please be sure that all doors are shut upon your departure. Cabin guest(s) will be charged $10 for each lost key.
19) CANCELLATION POLICY – Cancellations made at least two weeks (14 days) prior to arrival will result in a full refund of the rental deposit. Cancellations made less than one week (7 days) prior to arrival will result in the forfeiture of $25 of the rental deposit.
20) NOTIFICATION OF DAMAGE – If the guest notices any damage or issue with the cabin when he/she checks in, he/she must notify the office immediately. If the damage is not reported to the office, the damage will be attributed to the guest. Failure to notify the office of any existing damages shall constitute an agreement that the cabin was not damaged when the guest checked in. _____ (Initials)
Name_____________________________________________ Phone ___________________________
Signature _________________________________________ Date ____________________________
Address __________________________________________ ________________________________
Number of Persons Occupying Unit: Adults _____ Children _____
Please Print Names of All Persons Occupying the Cabin: